Tuesday, June 30, 2009

House Sitting


Greetings fellow travelers,

Well I just found something else usefull I can do: I can baby sit the house while my daughter, son-in-law and 3 grandchildren fly off on vacation. For 2 weeks, I have the place all to myself: feeding the cats, walking the dog and reminising over old family pictures hanging on the wall. The dog has just brought her leash to me, so I guess she's ready for the daily pilgrimage.

We start walking up hill. She is full of energy, so she pulls on the leash and gives me a needed boost. Coming back down the hill she is tired and I no longer need her exuberance. I have joined the over-the-hill gang. But at least, I am over the hill and not under the ground pushing up daisies.

At last: back home and ready to sit down with my blogging for dummies book, plunk on the piano (I told someone, I don't play on the white notes or the black notes, I plunk on the cracks inbetween) read my German Bible and just chill-out. I'm thankful however, because I see this adventure of house sitting as another baby step in leaving nursing care behind and launching out to a wider world.

My kids have abundantly stocked the refrigerator with groceries, so I can live here rent free for 2 weeks and save money for my coming cruise; God is good! Perhaps we can't eliminate the negative but, in the words of the old song; "we can accentuate the positive."

So, let's keep stretching beyond ourselves and leave the rest to our Maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment