Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Nothing Exciting's Happening

If you were to walk by a cocoon hanging from the tender tendril of a tree, mud brown and wrinkled, you might think: "Nothing exciting is happening in there." You would be wrong. Inside that colorless cocoon an exciting transformation is occurring. At 76, that's the way I feel about whatever time I have left. My effort to escape the chrysalis of comfort ability and move beyond my comfort zone continues. I feel the stirrings of a metamorphosis within me.

Space A travel is still too ambitious for my timid soul, but I did have a travel agent friend of mine make all the arrangements to embark on a 16 day cruise through the Panama canal. "Go for it chaplain!" A wheel chair will be waiting and strong hands to help me up the ramp. In these recessionary times cruising has become more reasonable to one living on a fixed income. This is a good time to launch out on the sea, in search for adventure in exotic ports of call and on board ship. Who knows, this might become my "love boat" (for those who remember the T.V. series).

I'll have to let my nursing care service know, so they can keep me on their list, in case I ever return to home port. Check with you later fellow adventurers. Just keep remembering: "Trying is winning," so don't let the rocking chair lull you into submission.

No comments:

Post a Comment