Thursday, July 9, 2009

Locked in with Love


Today I was fantasizing on my upcoming cruise through the Panama Canal. In my mind’s eye, I could see that gigantic ocean liner positioning herself in one of the locks. Sea water from a higher source flows into the lock effortlessly lifting those two thousand passengers and several thousand tons of steel to the next higher level in her stair-stepped journey. The lifting power of water is truly amazing.

For over half a century, I was wed-locked to one of the finest women who ever walked the earth. Her selfless, sacrificial love flowed freely and lifted me to the next higher level in my cruise through time toward an ocean of eternity. Human love, at its best, is a reflection of divine love. There is no bottom to it. It gets under us and flows around us lifting. The heaviest burden is carried, like a feather, on the buoyancy of such love.

My Easter faith leads me to believe that not even death can quench it. When the transition is made through the canal of time, it keeps right on loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment